An Indianis a combination of oriental color, as well as a unique, special luxury of decoration. Moreover, such small details of the thematic celebration as: mehndi, walking around the fire, bindi, sari, charming with its femininity, the process of applying sindoor, bright flowers decorating the bride’s hair, will help to make thenot only unforgettable, but also fashionable.Indian style- basic ideas
- Location. Choose a room decorated in an oriental style (various forms of pillows, low sofas, bright carpets). If you have chosen to hold acelebration within the walls of your own home, do not forget such an important nuance: according to Indian traditions, all those present at thedo not sit on chairs, but on pillows, while a tablecloth spread on the floor serves as a table.
- Indian styledress and suit. On this important day for her, the bride puts on a red sari, decorated with numerous patterns, beads, and fringes. For its tailoring, use chiffon, cotton or silk. Do not forget that white is considered a mourning color in India, so avoid it, both in outfits and in interior design. As for the veil, it will serve as a patterned long cape, the color scheme of which matches the color of the dress. Decorate your hands with bracelets. Don’t forget rings and earrings. Legs and hands can be painted with henna. It is believed that the more complex such painting (mehendi), the higher the status of the future wife. The groom’s suit is decorated with embroidery, braid, and a turban on his head. True, in modern India, some men prefer a regular tuxedo. On their feet, the couple wears either special sandals, or go without shoes.
- Bouquet. In this case, it is necessary to choose only red flowers (orchids, roses, carnations).
- Indianscript. At the moment when the groom arrives for his beloved, the invited guests greet him with a scattering of coins, hanging a garland of banknotes around his neck. In the banquet hall, the newlyweds perform their first dance as husband and wife. During the feast, a ritual should be performed to determine the head of the family. So, for this, the relatives of the spouse should bandage the wrists of the lovers with a red thread, tightly tying its ends. The one who is the first of the newlyweds to untie it will be the leader in the family.
- invitations. Use floral ornaments, satin paper. Don’t forget that navy blues, reds and greens are all welcome in an Indian wedding.
- Hall decoration. Decorate the room with lots of flowers, fabrics. Weave flower garlands, create floral arrangements. The more bright colors in the decoration of the hall, the better.
- Menu. Vegetables, meat dishes, rice are the main components of the festive menu. The main thing is that everything should be with spices. For desserts, choose sherbet, halva, ragull, pineapple and banana wedges with whipped cream, and mithai.