In order for such a holiday as ato please all the guests, they need to be properly seated. How to do this, what rules you need to follow when seating guests at a wedding, and which scheme to choose, now we’ll talk.
How to seat guests at a wedding?
In order for guests to feel comfortable at the wedding, the following rules must be observed.
- The most prominent place is given to the newlyweds and witnesses.
- Next are the parents and the most welcome guests. The more expensive the guest is for the newlyweds, the closer he should be to them.
- It is better to seat guests at ain pairs — the man is to the left of the woman. If there are single people among the invitees, then you need to seat a single interlocutor nearby.
- If there is a divorced couple among the guests, then it is better not to seat them together — let them be away from each other. And of course they need to be warned that they are both invited.
- Work colleagues should be seated longer from each other, otherwise there is a risk that they will only communicate with each other, not paying attention to other guests.
- Guests from the side of the bride and groom should be mixed up so that they have the opportunity to get to know each other.
- People with the status of “the soul of the company” should not be planted together, it is better to seat them at different ends of the table so that the fun does not focus on only one side.
- It is worth dividing the tables according to age groups, there is no need to seat older guests along with young people.
- Previously unfamiliar guests must be introduced to each other.
- Pay attention to the fact that the guests sitting nearby have something to talk about. You know about their hobbies and you can guess who will be interested together.
seating chart forguests
There are several seating options for guests — with the arrangement of tables with the letters “T”, “W” and “P”, European and American schemes.
- the European seating scheme assumes the installation of the table of the newlyweds in the center. Several small tables for guests, for 6–8 people, are placed around the young ones. In Italy, the table of young people is placed on a raised platform, and the tables of guests are designed for 4 people. On the one hand, this method is good because it is possible to clearly distinguish between different groups of guests according to their interests. On the other hand, the opportunity to meet and mingle with other guests is decreasing;
- The Americanseating plan involves the arrangement of several long tables with refreshments. This option is more like a buffet, as guests have the opportunity to come up and choose their favorite dish. This option is attractive for the freedom of choice of dishes, but is not very common at our weddings, since no one wants to engage in self-service at a celebration;
- seating chart with the letter “T”. Used when the number of guests is not very large 20–25 people or a small banquet hall;
- seating scheme with the letter “P” is recommended for the number of guests from 30 to 50 people;
- the seating plan with the letter “Ш” is used when there are more than 60 guests.
To make it convenient for guests to find their place, it is worth marking the seats for thewith cards with the names of the guests. In addition, it is advisable to draw up a seating plan for guests and hang it at the entrance to the hall. It would be nice to instruct a special person to help guests find their places, you can ask a friend or friend to take on this responsible mission.
If you use the European seating arrangement for guests, it will be convenient to assign numbers to the seats, and give guests cards at the entrance indicating their seat number. Theinvitation will also need to indicate the number of the table or seat intended for the guest. This should also be indicated in the seating plan.