The phrase “Swedish family” was filled with piquant overtones in just a dozen years. With a marriage of three, the progressive Swedish youth of the 60s of the last century decided defiantly to declare to the world that traditional relationships, like everything conservative, are morally obsolete.
The fashion for “love triangles” lasted only a decade, the modern Swedish family looks quite traditional, and does not at all strive to maintain the image introduced into fashion by the hippies. An official Swedish marriage can only boast of newlyweds of the same sex.
A bit of history
Meanwhile, the first public “amour de trois” did not happen at all in Sweden, but in conservative Spain, where King Charles, Queen Marie Louise and her beloved Prime Minister Don Manuel coexisted peacefully under the roof of one palace for many years. An avid hunter, Karl kindly turned a blind eye to the long-term hobby of the queen, and the queen — to the numerous adventures of her lover.
There was also a well-known “Swedish family” in Russia — rumors about the couple Brik and Mayakovsky excited all of Moscow at one time. Perhaps this is almost the only case of public recognition of common relations in our country; in most cases, Swedish families are in no hurry to publicize their status. While they certainly exist, very little is known about them.
What is a Swedish family?
The concept of a Swedish family is, in fact, a family of 3 people. Most often it is a love triangle, but sometimes other geometric shapes happen, and one of the most famous examples was again in Sweden, where the popular ABBA group was not only famous for strong friendship, but also for changing partners.
It doesn’t matter who is duplicated: husband or wife. It is important to understand that a family of three is not at all an ordinary family with a bench, each member of the Swedish family has equal rights.
How are Swedish families made?
Of course, the Swedish family in Russia is not an official family. Often it begins with a threesome, which eventually turns into a family. Girlfriends or friends of an established family who start out as “coming for sex” leave their toothbrush, passport, and themselves in the apartment. But threesomes are an optional attribute of a Swedish family.
Sometimes a family of 3 is formed because of the “housing problem”. For example, if a young man brings a lady of the heart to a house, which, in order to save money, he rents with a friend, then the chances that the neighbor will leave or join the family are quite high.
Swedish family: pros and cons
The Swedish family is puzzling to many — how can three of us live, sharing the love of one person for two, freed from jealousy? Of course, if the couple managed to free themselves from a sense of ownership, then the Swedish family has its advantages:
- two wives, for example, will more easily cope with housekeeping, will be less likely to “take out quarrels from the hut.” Yes, and the head of two at once rarely hurts;
- two men in the house is at least twice as likely to have a working faucet, a hammered nail and a fulfilled marital debt;
- what is good about threesome sex, which sometimes happens in Swedish families, is, at least, the emancipation of partners. And that means better knowledge of your body. Light jealousy here, by the way, will not hurt: the third half will strive to be on top.
The disadvantages of Swedish families are also quite obvious:
- misunderstanding and disapproval on the part of society;
- unofficial status of at least one of the partners;
- rare Swedish families live to see significant anniversaries. And only the same Marie-Louise could boast of common children. If a child becomes the fruit of triple love, then there may be problems with determining paternity (DNA analysis is required), as well as with the social security of the fetus of such love.