A memorable and harmonious attribute of a festive celebration will be a two-tiered wedding cake. He has won justified recognition among the newlyweds, because he has a very stylish appearance. Stylists offer a variety of variations of designs and colors.
Wedding cake design 2 tiers
Many newlyweds prefer to order a two-tiered wedding cake, presented with all sorts of design ideas:
- the shape of the cakes is made traditional round, square, in the form of a heart;
- often used floral motifs for jewelry, which are created from cream or taken in the form of natural fresh flowers;
- a two-tier wedding cake on the top level contains a variety of decor, for example, these are rings, swans, all kinds of inscriptions;
- the style of minimalism is popular, a dessert created in a “naked” version or in a rustic style;
- a sought-after type of decoration — fruits or berries;
- for decoration it is permissible to use shiny beads;
- different colors are used, turquoise, lavender colors, gold decoration are popular;
- confectionery product is created in different styles. The design ranges from concise, where a minimum of decorative elements are used or do without them at all, to luxurious, generously decorated with large flowers and other attention-grabbing details.
Two tier wedding cake with swans and rings
A two-tiered wedding cake with rings and swan figurines is extremely popular:
- these decorative elements symbolize the future married couple, are associated with a strong family;
- rings are covered with gold, and when decorating swans, special attention is paid to their wings, which are made open and with well-defined plumage;
- swans are located simply on the upper tier or are on a kind of stand in the form of petals. A similar decor is allowed to be applied on the lower tier, the elements will organically overlap with each other;
- if you use a blue or turquoise stand for swans, you can achieve the effect of waves on which birds swim;
- swans can serve as the only decorative ornament or combined with other elements — wedding rings, roses, exquisite twigs.
Wedding two-tiered cream cake
A common solution is a two-tier cream wedding cake:
- when decorating cakes, their surface can be made perfectly smooth or corrugated using a special spatula;
- A two-tiered cream wedding cake is often decorated with flowers that match or contrast with the base. In the first case, spectacular roses are allowed to be placed over the entire surface of both the lower and upper levels;
- Incredibly beautiful flowers with clearly defined petals are created from the cream. To perform floral motifs, one, two or more shades are taken.
Two tier square wedding cake
A practical solution is a two-tiered wedding cake, which is made in a square shape:
- the upper layer can be created much smaller than the lower one, or, on the contrary, practically approach it;
- a two-tiered wedding cake looks original, in which two levels are separated in the form of a kind of delivery, made in the form of columns;
- cakes match in shade or are made in a contrasting tone. In this case, both traditional light shades and dark ones characteristic of a chocolate dessert are used;
- shiny stripes evenly applied around the entire perimeter are capable of giving even greater clarity to the confectionery product;
- originality will be provided by peculiar chocolate streaks descending from above and looking incredibly appetizing.
Wedding bunk cake “Heart”
The embodiment of romance will be a beautiful two-tier wedding cake made in the shape of a heart:
- in this version, two levels are drawn up or only the upper one. The lower tier is allowed to be made in a rounded form;
- hearts are decorated with images of rings, floral decor. It is allowed to place a box on top, symbolizing gifts;
- a 2 tier wedding cake is often created using a white-red-pink color scheme, but it is not forbidden to use other shades if desired;
- an interesting look is a heart strewn with rose petals or containing small roses laid out along the lower border of this element.
Small two tiered wedding cake
If a celebration is planned with a small number of guests, a small two-tiered wedding cake will be a godsend:
- the shape of the dessert can be made round, square, in the shape of a heart, it is allowed to combine several varieties;
- the design of the culinary product is selected at individual discretion: it is permissible to decorate a wedding two-tiered miniature cake with beads, flowers, romantic inscriptions;
- mini cake looks great in a minimalist design. The absence of decor will additionally emphasize the fragility and sophistication of the confectionery.
Two tier wedding cake with topper
Out of competition continues to be a simple two-tiered wedding cake decorated with a topper:
- the decor looks like a separate element, which is used to complement mainly the top of the confectionery;
- the topper is made in the form of inscriptions depicting the names of the newlyweds or made on a love theme;
- such options as wedding rings, images of figurines of the bride and groom, swans are also welcome.
Two tier rustic wedding cake
In recent seasons, a two-tiered rustic wedding cake has been incredibly popular:
- a characteristic feature of the dessert is the presence of natural motifs. To this end, it is often decorated with natural flowers, small berries, and thin branches of plants. Such details are used both in their natural form and in an edible version made using a cream;
- As for the decoration, the two-tiered wedding cake without mastic, made in the “bare” version, prevails. Cakes on the side are not smeared with cream and remain visible for viewing.
Wedding bunk cake “minimalism”
For newlyweds seeking to embody conciseness when organizing a celebration, youth wedding two-tiered cakes without mastic, made in a minimalist style, will appeal to you:
- a common solution is to create smooth cakes, evenly smeared with cream, and decorate with a thin, exquisite twig;
- as a decor, it is permissible to use small berries laid out on one or two levels. Red viburnum on a snow-white background will look organic;
- on the side surfaces of the cakes, it is permissible to apply corrugation in the form of stripes intersecting lines forming squares or rhombuses.
Bunk wedding cake with fruit
A two-tier wedding cake with fruit looks elegant and luxurious:
- using multi-colored elements it is permissible to create an indescribable color composition. A striking example is the combination of orange oranges and green kiwi, cut in the form of a flower;
- it is allowed to decorate the dessert with peeled fruit slices, evenly laid out on the top and in the lower tier;
- the combination with berries is welcome, giving the composition even more saturated shades;
- The strips of white or dark chocolate randomly spreading from the top layer look indescribably.
Bunk wedding cake with berries
A bright and extraordinary design is characterized by a wedding two-tiered cake with berries without mastic or using this component:
- fruits are taken in one shade or several varieties that differ in color. In the latter case, an original palette is created that attracts the admiring glances of guests;
- berries are taken as a whole or cut into halves;
- varieties such as strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries are in demand. It is allowed to combine them with fruits or flowers laid out with cream.
Two tier wedding cake with fresh flowers
Bunk wedding cakes with flowers look incredibly beautiful and aesthetically pleasing:
- live plants are often used to decorate celebrations in the style of boho, rustic or provence. They organically fit into the concept of the event, as they embody natural motives;
- it is allowed to use a scattering of small, skillfully laid out flowers, which are often combined with green twigs;
- if you want to bring a touch of chic and glamor to the culinary product, use large-sized flowers, for example, roses or peonies.
Two-tier wedding cake “Red Velvet”
An extremely bright and festive solution will be a wedding two-tiered red and white cake:
- the peculiarity of the product lies in the fact that it consists of layers of scarlet and snow-white shades alternating one after another. A great idea is to present the dessert in a “naked” version without smearing the sides with cream. This technique will provide an opportunity to see a stunning color combination;
- in the case when mastic is used, it is advisable to take it also in the red and white version. The ombre effect looks interesting when red smoothly flows into snow-white;
- when using decor, it is kept in colors that will harmoniously fit into the overall composition.
Two tier wedding cake with beads
A popular design idea is the design of a two-tiered wedding cake using beads:
- the easiest way is to place decorative elements at a uniform distance from each other over the entire surface;
- beads are taken the same size or different. In the latter case, it is allowed to reduce them by concentrating large ones in one part and small ones in the other, creating a kind of gradient effect;
- another popular technique is to lay out the beads in the form of patterns that form curls;
- with the help of beads, it is possible to create a quilted effect when these parts are connected by thin strips forming rhombuses.
Lavender bunk wedding cake
A two-tiered purple wedding cake looks tender and romantic:
- a combination with a snow-white color is welcome, when one cake is made lavender and the second white. It is allowed to combine both shades on the same tier, creating an original ombre effect;
- purple tone is used for laying out large flowers or small floral motifs located on a snow-white background;
- a scattering of purple sparkles that stand out against a light background looks interesting.
Bunk white wedding cake with gold
If you want to add chic to the celebration, the wedding cake design, the two-tiered version of which is decorated with gold, will become indispensable:
- a simple trick is to evenly apply golden mastic on one of the cakes. The second level is often done in pure white;
- in a gold hue, individual decorative elements are also taken, for example, large beads, which are combined with other details — flowers or twigs;
- it is allowed to apply an inscription made in golden color;
- the foil effect looks original, which is created by applying even stripes or chaotic stains;
- a popular decor is two gold wedding rings at the top of the product.
Turquoise bunk wedding cake
A two-tier wedding cake with turquoise trim looks sophisticated and elegant:
- often in this color mastic is used, which covers the sides and top of the product;
- a combination with a snow-white cream is common, with the help of which they embody a gradient effect or depict flowers with large petals;
- turquoise is also used to depict waves, on which two swans are located, turned towards each other.