Successfully selected wedding dresses will help to make the main celebration in the life of every girl unforgettable. Any newlywed will be able to choose an outfit that will advantageously emphasize the dignity of her figure and make the image unsurpassed. Products differ in style, colors, decorative elements.
How to choose a wedding dress?
Girls who are preparing for a festive event are wondering: what are wedding dresses? Stylists advise following these rules when choosing an outfit:
- celebration concept. The wedding should be kept in a single style, for example, it is a luxurious glamorous look with a long train or an outfit corresponding to the Provence style, designed for an event in an eco-hotel;
- fabric, which is selected depending on the season and the venue of the celebration, which can be organized indoors or outdoors;
- the shade of the dress, which is selected depending on the color type of the bride. So, white and pearl tones are recognized as universal. For girls with fair skin, ivory or nude color is perfect, and swarthy tanned beauties should stop at options such as ecru, a shade of champagne;
- it is recommended to select wedding dresses in advance, without postponing the fitting for the last days in the hope of transforming the figure and losing weight;
- It is worth trying on different options to find the perfect one for yourself. For example, it happens that an elegant simple cut suits a certain figure much better than airy romantic lace;
- figure type. Fitted silhouettes are ideal for hourglass-shaped girls, thin straps and a triangular neckline will be a godsend for an “inverted triangle”, but such styles are contraindicated for a regular “triangle”. A high waist line will help to make an attractive “apple” figure, and retro models with a low waist or straight silhouettes are suitable for a “rectangle”;
- comfort is one of the main criteria when choosing an outfit, as the bride will spend the whole day on her feet.
Wedding dress — “fish”
Justified popularity among the newlyweds is used by the wedding dress for the bride, known as the “fish”
- the product is characterized by a feminine silhouette, tightly fitting the hips and smoothly expanding downwards. The model is ideal for young ladies with a slender figure, but owners of magnificent forms should be more careful with it;
- tight-fitting wedding dresses have a flat hem or contain a train that lengthens at the back;
- “Fish” looks advantageous in lace or satin.
Boho wedding dress
In recent seasons, the boho-style wedding dress has been extremely popular:
- the product has simple laconic lines, but at the same time the original decor;
- there are A‑silhouette styles, with a high waist line, where there is a smooth expansion downwards;
- the presence of a triangular neckline, elongated straight or flared sleeves is welcome;
- such wedding dresses often contain embroidery done in the same shade as the color of the product or in approximate tones.
Variability in creating images suggests a bride’s dress created in the form of a transformer:
- the product has a mini or maxi length. In both cases, a tight-fitting silhouette is preferred;
- an airy tulle skirt is put on top, which is located around the entire perimeter or only in the back and side parts. In the latter case, the bottom layer is provided for viewing — a tight-fitting skirt;
- the upper part is removed if necessary, so the bride gets the opportunity to change the image during the holiday;
- as for the color scheme, only a white wedding dress or a multi-colored model is allowed, where the upper and lower skirts differ in tone.
Midi wedding dress
A popular variety, which presents the most beautiful wedding dresses, is a midi length thing:
- often such models are associated with retro style. The skirt in them has a “sun” or “semi-sun” cut, and the top is made open or contains sleeves;
- Another interesting design variation is a model with a skirt made of tulle and reminiscent of a tutu. The thing looks unique due to the airiness and layering.
Wedding dress with train
Brides who strive to embody a luxurious glamorous look will appreciate beautiful wedding dresses, complemented by a train:
- the mermaid style looks unsurpassed, where the hip-hugging skirt smoothly expands downwards and turns into an elongated train. An interesting effect is created by the expansion in the back, giving a slight splendor to the train;
- girls who want to look like a fairy princess will appreciate a magnificent wedding dress with a train. The thing has a strongly flared cut in the lower part, layering and the use of a petticoat are allowed.
Greek wedding dress
A well-deserved recognition of fashionistas won a wedding dress in the Greek style:
- a successful style is able to correct certain figure flaws, for example, hide a protruding belly. This is achieved due to the high waistline;
- the top is made out at the individual discretion of the newlywed, the presence of narrow or wide straps, sleeves is allowed;
- the asymmetrical top will look original, which contains a wide strap worn on one shoulder;
- notes of piquancy will bring a cut located in the central part or running clearly along the leg.
A‑line wedding dress
Unusual wedding dresses with an A‑silhouette look feminine and sophisticated:
- a feature of the model is a skirt smoothly expanding from the waist area downwards, creating an exquisite flowing silhouette;
- this design of the lower part organically looks with a deep triangular neckline that opens the neckline;
- classic wedding dress is made of silk, satin. Both a smooth fabric and a tulle layer or lace elements located on top of it are welcome.
Glitter wedding dress
A truly luxurious look has a chic wedding dress containing a sparkling effect:
- it is allowed to use fabric for sewing, the structure of which contains sparkles;
- another popular way is embroidery with sequins, which are located on top of the material;
- sequins evenly cover the entire surface of the product or are only in a certain part, for example, in the bodice or skirt area.
Lace wedding dress
Modern wedding dresses, for the manufacture of which lace fabric is used, look gentle and romantic:
- often openwork design implies the presence of a dense non-translucent layer located under it;
- the design looks interesting when lace stripes are used, for example, decorating a corset or used in tailoring skirts;
- lace can be placed on a transparent basis, acting as a kind of decorative element. This design is often used in the design of the sleeves and neckline.
Wedding dress “minimalism”
Lovers of elegance and impeccability will appreciate a wedding dress in the style of minimalism:
- a simple solution is to use a product with a straight silhouette “case”. The model looks win-win on any type of figure. Sophistication will give a figured cutout in the upper part, slightly opening the neckline and shoulders at the same time;
- a laconic style is also associated with a maxi-length thing, which has a straight or slightly expanding silhouette. The highlight of the image is a high slit running down the leg.
Long sleeve wedding dresses
For the cold season, closed wedding dresses with long sleeves will be a great solution:
- classic execution is allowed when the sleeve is made straight and non-translucent;
- sleeves made of translucent fabric and having a flared cut are associated with romance and airiness;
- a popular trend in recent seasons is lantern sleeves, gathered at the top. Details can freely go down or be stuck on cuffs. The armhole is made traditional or understated, slightly opening the shoulders for viewing.
Wedding dress with open back
Open wedding dresses with a neckline located on the back are extremely popular:
- to balance the impression, the front is often made closed or contains a shallow neckline;
- the cutout on the back is rounded or triangular. It is allowed to make the back completely open, while the fixation is carried out using thin strips of fabric that intersect with each other;
- an open back can be covered with a transparent fabric that adds mystery to the image. The material can go in a smooth design or contain openwork patterns that add extra flair.
Retro style wedding dress
Lovers of the lately popular retro style will appreciate the vintage wedding dress:
- relevant midi length and flared skirt cut “sun”. Large floral motifs can be embroidered along the hem;
- retro-style is also associated with a maxi-length product with a button-down button-down top and elongated sleeves
- the epitome of a vintage look will be the style of the case, made in a concise version.
Short puffy wedding dress
For young fashionistas and brides who want to demonstrate slender legs, wedding mini-dresses equipped with a fluffy skirt are ideal:
- if you want to achieve a pronounced volume, it is recommended to pay attention to models with petticoats or multi-layer options. The imitation of a ballet tutu looks original;
- to balance the lush bottom is the top with bare shoulders. Corset options, bandeau bodice, lowered shoulder line in combination with puffed sleeves are welcome.
Wedding dress with feathers
An extraordinary memorable bow will help to embody fashionable wedding dresses decorated with feathers:
- this element of decor can be used in a minimalist version, for example, decorating the upper edge of the bodice with them or marking the borders of the neckline on the back;
- A common idea that provides an opportunity to create a glamorous look is to use abundant feather decoration on the skirt. They evenly cover the entire surface of the lower part. The multi-tiered effect looks especially impressive when flounces located one above the other are formed with the help of feathers.
Beach wedding dress
For a celebration, summer wedding dresses will be an ideal solution:
- The main criterion for creating a thing is convenience. It is worth excluding fluffy multi-tiered skirts and giving preference to a flowing version smoothly descending;
- piquancy will add a cut presented in a single or double version;
- cut prevails simple and concise. If you want to give the image of romance, the presence of a shuttlecock running along the hem is allowed. Another option is an open shoulder area and a shuttle located in this area;
- a thing with bare shoulders or back will organically fit into a beach wedding, especially if the bride can demonstrate a beautiful tan.
Wedding slip dress
A stylish trend of recent seasons is a satin wedding dress, made in linen style and known as a “combination”:
- the cut is dominated by a straight or slightly expanding downwards, the length is used maxi or midi;
- showiness will give a cut running along the leg and located in the lateral region;
- the top is made with thin straps, slightly opening the shoulders, focusing on the neckline;
- the combination is allowed to be worn as an independent piece of clothing, but there are also options that are combined with a cape made of the same material.
Colored wedding dresses
Original wedding dresses made in color will help to express individual style:
- an interesting interpretation of the classics will be models created not in the traditional snow-white shade, but in light delicate colors, such as light blue, soft pink, ivory, muted lavender, mint;
- an interesting solution would be a gradient effect, applied mainly in the lower part, when one delicate shade smoothly flows into another;
- multi-colored floral embroidery is allowed, running along the hem and bringing zest to the image;
- daring brides can opt for flashy colors like red or aquamarine. This design prevails in the organization of themed weddings.