An integral part of any Russian wedding is a festive table. Perhaps, no country in the world can compare with our wedding feast traditions. However, the custom of holding a large-scale feast existed in many countries. In Europe, for many centuries, weddings were celebrated for several days and were distinguished by abundance on the festive table. To date, modern youth has largely departed from these traditions. In most cases, this is due to material possibilities and complexity in the organization. Nevertheless, despite any difficulties in our country, weddings very rarely take place without a full-fledged festive feast.
Today, there are many ways to celebrate a wedding. And a modest wedding dinner, and a banquet, and a full-fledged wedding feast are similar in that they have the same basic elements on the menu. Question How to make a menu for a wedding? in most cases, it is relevant for those who are going to have a festive feast at home. The menu for a wedding in a cafe or restaurant is helped by the employees of the institution, who have extensive experience in this matter. An approximate festive menu for a wedding at home or in a cafe includes the following dishes:
- cold appetizers. Cold appetizers are served first. Considering that at almost any wedding guests consume a fairly large amount of alcoholic beverages, there should be a lot of snacks on the table. Along with cold appetizers, salted and smoked fish, caviar are served on the table;
- hot appetizers. Served with cold
- fish. Jellied or stuffed fish is considered an important part of even the simplest wedding menu. Fish is served after cold appetizers;
- seafood dishes. Shrimp, squid, mussel salads and appetizers will perfectly diversify any festive wedding menu;
- meat snacks. These dishes are served after seafood salads. Meat snacks are always in great demand on the festive table, so they should definitely be included in the menu for a wedding at home or in a cafe;
- dishes from vegetables and mushrooms. Fresh vegetable dishes are an important part of the menu for a wedding in summer or autumn. In winter and spring, fresh vegetables are sometimes replaced with pickled and salted ones, as well as mushrooms;
- main hot dishes. Professional culinary experts recommend that as the main dishes for a wedding feast, choose dishes that will decorate the table at the same time. For example, a whole turkey, piglet, fish. These dishes can be placed in the center of the table at the beginning of the feast, and by the time set for serving them, warm up and cut;
- dessert. Any menu for a wedding — at home, in a cafe or restaurant, should include a birthday cake. Along with the cake, tea and coffee are served on the table, depending on the preferences of the guests. A wedding cake is usually prepared by weight — about 1.5–2 kg for 10 guests. For cheap wedding menu the cake can be quite simple. And if material possibilities allow, then you can order a multi-tiered, beautifully decorated wedding cake.
When planning a menu for a wedding, it is important to consider the preferences of the guests. If there are vegetarians among the guests, or fasting people, you should make sure that there are more vegetable and mushroom snacks on the table.
Often, newlyweds prefer to celebrate the second day of the wedding outdoors or at home. Menu for the second wedding day may not be as varied. It is believed that 2–3 types of salads, several types of snacks and one hot dish are quite enough. In the summer menu for a wedding in nature, you can include barbecue and grilled vegetables. An excellent dish is fish baked on the grill. At home, in the menu of the second day of the wedding, you can include broth.