What, what, and will accept and superstitions associated with the wedding, our ancestors left us with a surplus. One can only imagine how good it was before married to couples who have fulfilled several dozens of all sorts of conventions “for luck”. We are in Chanfashion We are sure that it is far from rituals that bring happiness to a husband and wife. But if you prefer to be careful, or want to reassure the older generation — catch an article about wedding signs. Just remember: don’t read without a smile!
You’ve probably heard that you shouldn’t let anyone try on your wedding rings. And your shoes on the wedding day should be closed and without laces. You will also need to have four special things with you on your wedding day. Some new, some old, some foreign and some blue. But on this grandmother “so it is necessary” do not end! And don’t even try to figure out why it needs to be that way. Now we will list a lot of traditional conventions for you, and if you wish, you can choose the most attractive ones for you and your loved one. Follow them and reassure yourself and your relatives: you are guaranteed many years of a happy marriage!
On the eve of the wedding
- Even if the newlyweds have been living together for more than a year, they must spend the night before the wedding ceremony separately from each other. Often the bride goes to be bored, or rather to sleep, to her parents. If she wants to stay in her apartment, the groom leaves.
- If in the family of the future wife on the eve of the wedding day someone sneezed — to a strong and happy marriage.
- In anticipation of a happy day, the bride is forbidden to knit things for her beloved. The sign says that such an occupation, albeit with the best of intentions, will lead to the breaking of marriage ties.
- There is a superstition that just before the wedding ceremony, the bride and groom should not take pictures together.
- As you can see, happiness is waiting for the young, at whose holiday there are an odd number of invitees. It is strictly forbidden to dress guests in black.
- It is better to choose an unmarried girl as a bridesmaid, and the groom’s friend must be single, otherwise the marriage will be fragile.
On the wedding day
- It is customary to shower newlyweds on the way from the entrance to the car with millet, wheat, rice, small coins, sweets and rose petals. So that family life is rich, sweet, beautiful and prosperous.
- Driving up to Zagsthe young car honks loudly — it scares and drives away all evil spirits, which means peace and tranquility are promised in the family!
- Rain and snow on your wedding day should be sincerely rejoicing, because they say the road to family life is clean. And the bride is not threatened to return to her parents with a broken heart.
- Newlyweds, when they go to the ceremony, it is important to be attentive. Do not let anyone cross your path — this is for future betrayals, do not stumble over the threshold — this is for quarrels and disagreements.
- Breaking the loaf, the newlyweds take the top for themselves, and the guests should eat the rest of the bread — to the financial well-being of the couple.
- At the wedding, you need to blow out the candles strictly at the same time — in order to live happily ever after, and die on the same day.
- After drinking champagne from wedding glasses, they should be smashed to smithereens for happiness. And according to a sign, the fragments can reveal to the young the secret of the sex of their unborn child: small fragments — to the daughter, large ones — to the son.
- If, after painting, the husband and wife look together in a large mirror, their faces will radiate happiness for many years, they say.
Signs regarding the wedding dress
- Wednesday is considered a good day for trying on and buying dresses and veils, and it is better to plan the choice of shoes on Friday.
- According to the sign, the bride must choose the outfit whole. To be at a wedding in a corset and skirt — to a separate life.
- The bride’s underwear is snow-white, as a symbol of fidelity.
- In no case should the bride appear to her future spouse in a wedding dress until X day.
- Superstition also forbids the bride to look in the mirror in the completed wedding image. I want to admire myself — you need to remove any detail of clothing, and the easiest way is to put the bouquet aside. If you believe the sign, seeing herself in all her glory, the bride runs the risk of being left alone after the wedding.
- If the dress has buttons, their number must be an even number — to the agreement between the spouses. But if there are no fasteners at all in the wedding dress, an easy birth awaits the young wife, according to legend.
- Pearl jewelry should not be worn on a wedding day — this is to tears, our great-grandmothers said.
- The groom needs to put a coin in his right shoe and let him walk with it all the wedding day. Corn, of course, is provided for him, but, according to superstition, the spouses will have plenty of money!
At a banquet
- At the wedding banquet, the newly-made husband and wife should sit not just side by side, but on a common bench. Our great-grandmothers believed that this was the key to a long and friendly family life.
- Having laid a fur coat on the bench of a couple, also with fur up, they believed that they were attracting wealth to a young family.
- Be sure to put two bottles of champagne tightly tied together with a beautiful ribbon on the banquet table. After the holiday, the bottles are taken home and stored. The first tradition requires drinking on the anniversary of the wedding, and the second — on the birth of the first child.
- During the banquet, young people should not leave drinks in glasses — you need to drink to the bottom. The sign says that the remnants of wine or champagne in the glasses of the young — to tears in married life.
- You also need to cut the wedding cake correctly. The bride cuts, the groom holds her hand with a knife. She puts the first piece to him, then he to her.
- A husband and wife should only dance with each other at a wedding party. The exception is the obligatory dance with parents. Otherwise, there will be a lot of betrayal and deceit in married life.
- It is a good sign when a spouse already at the wedding begins to carry his beloved in his arms (taking out his parents from home, registry officebringing into your house after the wedding banquet). Firstly, it promises a young family love and harmony in the house, and secondly, the beginning of a good habit!
And let only one of the guests think of giving the couple a set of knives and forks for the wedding — drive him immediately!
In no way do we want to belittle the wisdom of past generations and the experience gained over the years. Remember, only what we believe in comes true! Boundless happiness to your future family!
100 steps of wedding preparation from chanfashion.store
So that you don’t forget anything while preparing for the wedding and so that you don’t have to “rummage” all over the Internet in search of information about the preparation, Chanfashion has done a VERY USEFUL THING for you — Bride’s to-do list.
There are already collected in one place all the wedding business! If you want more information on each step, just click on the item — the article will open. Completed items are ticked. Everything is very simple 🙂Go to To Do List