Ais an exciting and responsible event, but the second day of the celebration also requires preparation. So the questions “Where to celebrate the second day of the wedding?”, “What to treat the guests?” and most importantly, “What dress to wear on the second day of the wedding?” every bride asks herself. Such problems cannot be ignored, so let’s talk about them, and let’s start with the traditions of the secondday.
The second day of the- traditions and customs
On the second day of the wedding, the newlyweds were awakened by relatives and friends, after which the young wife went to bake pancakes for her husband. By the way the husband began to eat pancakes, the guests determined what kind of wife he got for himself. If a lady likes to take a walk, then her husband would bite off a pancake from the middle. And if the girl is honest and decent, the pancake took a bite off the edge for the first time. On the second day of the wedding, honors were traditionally given to the parents of the bride and groom. They thanked them, gave gifts, often during the celebration all attention was paid to them. The son-in-law tried to appease the mother-in-law, shod her in new shoes in front of everyone. And the guests also arranged for their parents to ride in a wheelbarrow, periodically “accidentally” overturning them, sometimes into a puddle or a river.
By tradition, the second day of thewas not so much a holiday for the newlyweds as entertainment for the guests. On the second day of the wedding, it was obligatory to invite mummers who tried to make the guests laugh. Moreover, the mummers met the guests at the entrance, demanding payment from them. And before the start of the holiday, the witnesses broke the plate, for good luck.
How to spend the secondday?
The second day of thecan be more relaxed compared to theday, and maybe surpass it in terms of color. Choose the most suitable option.
- If you spent the first day in a banquet hall, then on the second it will be good to go out with friends to nature. Forest, barbecue, gatherings around the fire will be a good continuation of the holiday. And this option is suitable not only for summer weddings, in winter you can go sledding, play snowballs, and arrange a competition for the best snowman.
- Very tired on the first day, the young people can continue thewith an ordinary feast, at which all the goodies left over from the previous day will finally be eaten. By the way,cake is often eaten on the second day of the wedding.
- It will help to relax after a difficult firstday, visiting the sauna or bath. The steam room and swimming pool will relieve stress and help you and your guests relax.
- If you are a supporter of outdoor activities, you can play paintball or go out of town for skiing or snowboarding.
- Fans of noisy festivities can arrange a masquerade. Come up with an interesting topic, notify guests and have fun. You can arrange a dance marathon, with performances by guests and young people.
Menu for the secondday
Treats should be less refined than on the firstday, and their number should also be less. After all, the second day of theis a quieter holiday, and not all guests have the opportunity to stay on it. It is recommended to pay more attention to homemade dishes — pancakes, pies, porridge, zrazy. Be sure to include more fruits and sweets — on the first day, usually not all guests have time to taste sweets. As for drinks, it is better to choose less alcohol for this day — after a stormy holiday, not everyone will want to continue to treat themselves to alcohol.
If the newlyweds are leaving for their honeymoon, then you can make a menu in the style of the place where the newlyweds are leaving.
Outfit for the second day of the wedding
You need to choose a dress for the second day of thein accordance with the scale of the event. It is believed that on this day it is better to choose dresses of a dark shade, but this is not at all necessary. You can also choose bright colors, only in this case the cut of the dress should be simpler. Sheath dresses are perfect.
If the second day is planned to be celebrated outside the city, then the outfit will need to be selected according to the intended entertainment. Although, no one bothers you to meet guests in an elegant dress, and then change into something more comfortable.