Will your wedding take place during the cold season? Or are you still in doubt, and weigh all the pros and cons of a winter wedding? Then we want to help you with our tips and recommendations regarding the specifics of holding a winter wedding.
Let’s start with the question, “How to organize a wedding in winter?”
In practice, the organization of winter and summer weddings does not have big differences. It is only necessary to take into account some features determined by the time of year, namely:
- in winter it brightens later and darkens much earlier. Consider this factor when conducting a photo session;
- the risk of a sudden change in the weather. With our unpredictable winters, one cannot be sure of the ambient temperature on the wedding day until the last. Based on this, think over your outfit so that it fits both minus 20 and plus 5 degrees;
- take a thermos with hot tea for a walk and a photo session so that you can warm up in the car;
- think over the route of the walk in such a way that you will not be on the street for a long time. You can freeze, get your outfit dirty, but on this day you should look perfect. Therefore, you should not be in nature for more than 10–15 minutes, alternate between street photography and indoor photography.
Now let’s talk about the pros and cons of a winter wedding.
- the number of married couples is much less than in the summer months. This means tougher competition in the wedding services market, and there is an opportunity to invite the best photographer, videographer, leading for much less money. The same goes for choosing a restaurant;
- in winter, in most wedding salons, the season of discounts and sales begins, so you can save on both the wedding dress and the groom’s suit;
- the opportunity to choose the right time for you at the registry office, and not be content with what other couples did not fit;
- and, of course, do not miss the opportunity to become husband and wife on Valentine’s Day. Very symbolic, isn’t it?
- An original photo shoot at a wedding in winter will not leave anyone indifferent. Happy newlyweds against the backdrop of sparkling snow — what could be more beautiful?
Now let’s say a few words about the shortcomings:
- somewhat limited photo opportunities. No one guarantees that it will not suddenly rain, and the whole beautiful winter fairy tale will not suddenly turn into gray slush. And also the fairly frozen faces and hands of the newlyweds may not look very romantic;
- the risk of catching a cold or viral disease increases, both by guests and by the bride and groom. Therefore, on the eve of marriage, you need to be extremely attentive to your health;
- in winter there is a less rich choice of vegetables and fruits than in summer. But in the conditions of a modern metropolis, such a problem ceases to be relevant.
Where to take wedding photos in winter?
We will give you some tips on where you can take pictures at a wedding in winter.
- Winter forest, botanical garden or frozen lake. This option is only suitable if the winter is snowy enough, and the landscape really looks like a winter fairy tale. You can also take some original photos with horses in nature. If the temperature is above zero, then it is better to refuse a street photo session.
- Wooden country house. Moreover, shooting both inside and outside the house.
- If you live in a city, and you don’t have time or opportunity to go to nature, then use the city advantages. For shooting, you can go to any shopping and entertainment center, furniture store or clothing store. Go to the theater or even the circus.
We hope that our tips will help you make your winter wedding the most fabulous and memorable day of your life.